Hier komen alle media berichten over BMW
Plaats reactie
BMWnewsfeed
News Feed Gebruiker
Contacteer:

Waarom er geen M7 komt.

Ongelezen bericht door BMWnewsfeed »

Bron: BMWblog.com

De geruchten over een M7 gaan al jaren de ronde. BMW director van product planning Paul Ferraiolo legt uit waarom deze er niet komt.

Afbeelding

The rumors around a BMW M7 have been circulating for years. A flagship M model based on the 7 Series has also been a common topic among BMW enthusiasts who were looking for the Ultimate Driving Machine with the most luxurious design on the market. The competitors in the segment would be the Mercedes S63 AMG or S65 AMG.

But for years, BMW has denied that an M7 project is even being considered, let alone being a priority for the company. Often cited were the weak business case and more recently, the BMW ALPINA B7 as being a viable replacement for the M7.

In an interview with Motor Trend, BMW director of product planning Paul Ferraiolo said at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show that he doesn’t currently see a case of a BMW M7. According to Ferraiolo, the Alpina B7 currently fills that role well for the brand, “We feel really good with what we’ve got with Alpina,” he says, “The ‘M’ adds sort of a track-element to that, and I don’t know if there’s a lot of demand for the 7 Series on the track.”

While an M7 still seems far away, we have recently heard that BMW might introduce a high-performance 7 Series, labeled M700i xDrive, in the next generation format.

The 7 Series M Performance Automobile will likely feature the V8 Twin-Turbo 4.0 liter engine producing around 475 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque. While the M770i xDrive is geared towards customers asking for a high-performance and sporty 7 Series, the M-like car will be underpowered when compared to the V12 760Li which outputs 570 horsepower and 665 lb-ft of torque.

The next generation BMW 7 Series will be unveiled next fall with sales beginning in early 2016.

Eric750iL

Re: Waarom er geen M7 komt.

Ongelezen bericht door Eric750iL »

ik blijf hopen dat ie er toch komt, haha. Ooit zei men ook dat er nooit een X5M zou komen maar inmiddels staat de 2e generatie al klaar dus wie weet :ymhug:

Plaats reactie